A kind Brilliant Weblog award and fun tag…
The wonderfully stylish, whimsical, and insightful master of color combinations, Monica from M&Co., was so kind to give Poetic Home a Brilliant Weblog award (my first tag and award!). Thank you so much Monica! Be sure to check our her fantastic daily blog M&Co. Around the House, where she combines her love of color, thoughtfully detailed design, vintage, and greenery all into lovely inspirations. Her blog is one of my daily stops for a breath of fresh design air!
What are the last 3 things you purchased?
- 2 mid-century modern nightstands (that look like Wall-E!)
- 1930s Super Electric Fan
- 1 flowering Oregano plant (whose flowers look like begonias! Who knew?)
What are the last three songs you downloaded?
- Just Jack – Glory Days
- Shaggy – Church Heathen
- Mellowdrone – Fashionably Uninvited
What were the last three places you visited?
- Maui (just moved back…miss the sweet air so much…)
- Portland, OR
- Viva Las Vegas!
What are your three favorite movies?
- Stranger than Fiction
- Dan in Real Life
- Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
What are your three favorite possessions? Although I try not to be attached to possessions….
- My Sony dSLR camera (it is destruction proof!)
- Sweet drawings from the hubby
- My antique yellow writer’s desk
What three things can you not live without (other than family and friends)?
- Mia and Maddie – my sweet canine babies
- The glorious sun
- Plants! Lots and lots of plants!
What would be your three wishes? (Wow, this is a serious question!)
- For all my loved ones to have emotional serenity and good health
- For everyone to contribute their “little” part in not leaving a huge carbon footprint
- To be able to split my time equally between Hawaii, California, and Paris! A girl can dream, right?
What are three things you haven’t done yet?
- Bought a house (dang the speculators!)
- Visited South America
- Created with porcelain
What are your three favouite dishes?
- Chinese roasted duck (the only reason I am not vegetarian)
- Creme brulee with berries (extra crispy please!)
- Moroccan mint tea (does that count as a dish? If not, all Moroccan food then!)
What three celebrities do you want to hang out with most?
- Danny Seo
- Dalai Lama
- Hilary Clinton
Name three things that freak you out?
- Public bathrooms
Name three unusual things you are good at
- Finding amazing vintage treasures in huge piles of junk or boxes
- Accepting and cherishing people for exactly who they are
- Re-purposing forgotten things and giving them new life
What are three things you are currently coveting?
- An antique grand piano
- A very old talking machine (to match the Vladimir Kush painting I have)
- A super old house that I can fix up and call my own
Name 3 bloggers you are tagging (and giving a “Brilliant Weblog” award to)
- Erin of Design for Mankind — Such a creative individual whose kindness and optimism inspires us all!
- Suzy from Dream Keyper — Her mission for encouraging people to achieve their dreams is much appreciated!
- Megan of Sweet and Low — A lovely blogger whose love for witty design and Nutella resounds deeply with me!